tubIT-live - TUB on a memory stick
- © tubIT - IT-Service-Center
tubIt-live is the easy way to get started on the IT-world of TU Berlin. For the first time we offer you a student customised environment which you can install on a flash drive within a few minutes.
You will work with Linux operating system (no prior knowledge needed!) on your personal computer without having to reconfigure it first. All relevant applications have already been pre-installed for you.
Pocket TU Berlin
With your USB you are able to access your data and applications on the go from any computer.
No complicated set up for various applications is needed. Instead,
everything that is needed for your studies has been pre-installed and
is being encrypted once you registrate with your user data. So if your
memory stick is lost,no unauthorized access is possible.
Data in the Cloud
Data that has been saved on your memory stick will automatically synchronise with the TUB-intern mass storage tubCloud when connected with the internet. So if you decide to quit using the USB or lose it you do not need to worry about losing data.
Download & Usage
In order to create your tubIT-live USB you merely need an empty USB (storage min. 4GB). Come to the PC Pool (EN-004) and connect your USB to a computer, then click the icon on the desktop and wait till tubit-live has been set up. If needed you can get support from our staff at the tubIT Shop next to the pool.
Afterwards launch your computer from your tubIT-live USB and get started.
("IT-experts" also have the option of setting up the USB on their own computer.)
We are looking forward to your Feedback  on tubIT-live, good luck with your studies!
Download and Instructions: http://www.tubit-live.tu-berlin.de/download/ 
tubIT-live includes, among other, software which is available in the PC Pool for Ubuntu:
- interactive wallpaper for easy access to all applications, without knowledge of Linux
- all tub2go  links,
- browser (with relevant TU bookmarks),
- complete OpenOffice-Package (text editor, chart calculation, presentation programme),
- E-Mail programme for TUB Mail,
- connection to TUB-intern mass storage tubCloud , with location-independant storage for your data (up to 20GB)
- programming environment for Java, Python, C...
- connection to print@campus-printer-network and print on any listed printers (payment via MensaCard)
- graphic programmes,
- LateX Editor and LateX Manual,
- FTP-programmes and much more...
|Install and start
|Interactive wallpaper||Information |
|Saving data in the cloud||Information